Global Earth Oceans (GEO) is an offshoot of the Fifth World Community (5WC), the first settlement and largest city formed by the people of the United Micronations Multi-Oceanic Archipelago (UMMOA), and a growing new region.
On 6 August 2010, the fourteenth national component of the UMMOA came into being. The UMMOA registered the Fifth World Community (5WC) as the fourteenth national component, in order to begin to establish natural imperia for the application of Cesidian law, and within registered Cesidian law jurisdictions.
Through the Fifth World Community, GEO has gained another six de facto embassies:
- The Tallini Family on Long Island;
- The Lion and The Lamb Commonwealth in the US state of Iowa;
- Commonwealth of Drakenheim in the US state of South Carolina;
- Commonwealth of Drakesburg, also in the US state of South Carolina;
- Commonwealth of Nations Oasis Belize, in the Central American country of Belize;
- Principado do Ilhéu da Pontinha, off the shore of the port of Funchal (Madeira).
The Fifth World Community (5WC) was registered with Google on 27 January 2011. You cannot register a business or organisation with Google without stringent verification of your address. This shows strong evidence that not only the Fifth World Community exists, and its Town Hall is located on Long Island (aka Winnecomac or Winnecomaq), but that it also has a real postal or physical address.
On 6 December 2014, Google verified the postal address of the main office of the new region called Global Earth Oceans (GEO).
On 12 February 2015, the Governor of the UMMOA was able to verify for the first time that Google had accepted the new region called Global Earth Oceans (GEO), and not only Google has accepted it, but even accepted its main office as an actual Government Office.
Today, slighty more than half of the UMMOA's population exists within the private properties of three micronations, and that specific territory is called the Fifth World Community (5WC), the world's first diaxenospitia (a highly scattered municipality). Slightly less than half of the UMMOA's population exists outside of the 5WC.
From a diaxenospitia, or highly scattered municipality, GEO is beginning to evolve into a global country or pankosmiahora.
While Ummoagians are relatively well-established as a people, and even several UMMOA institutions enjoy some popularity, little by little even the country-continent (qcon in UMMOA English) that Ummoagians call "home", populated by some 54% of all Ummoagians, or Global Earth Oceans (GEO), is beginning to materialise before the world.
It is true that GEO is neither populated by too many people, nor particularly large by land area, but the weather there is not as bad as it is in Antarctica, and unlike in Antarctica, people live and work in GEO year-round, which makes GEO also more concrete in Montevideo Convention terms.
Future of GEO
It should be noted that the three micronational populations that make up GEO, entirely Ummoagian at this moment, do not speak a single language, nor do they have to. This endows GEO with cultural flexibility which is likely to increase in the near future, not decrease. In fact, recently Intermicronational World, a UMMOA media institution, greatly expanded the number of its Portuguese language readers from about a dozen to several hundred.
While the UMMOA government claims several disputed territories, terrae nullius, areas in Antarctica, and disappearing islands, these are like the Unorganized Borough of Alaska, and not entirely subdivided into organised GEO territory, which is the private property of the UMMOA people.
So GEO's future growth is neither limited in a cultural or territorial way.
Continents are not made exclusively of a single, massive land mass, and can also include islands, even archipelagos far offshore; and the territory of countries is not necessarily contiguous. However, a region is a more apt description for GEO.
Global Earth Oceans (GEO) thus represents a new kind of micronationalism, one which is, in many ways, but not entirely post-virtual, post-Antarctic, and post-irredentist, but GEO micronationalism is also more concrete, liberating, and with almost none of the limitations of previous forms of micronationalism.
- Evolution of Newest World polities announcement, StRDU, 16 February 2014
- United Micronations Multi-Oceanic Archipelago (UMMOA), UMMOA.info, 31 May 2014
- No more a European; no more a North American; only a Geowner, GEO, 21 July 2014
- The UMMOA 'annexation', UMMOA Today, 22 November 2014
- Google has verified Global Earth Oceans (GEO), GEO, 6 December 2014
- Ni Européen, ni Américain du nord ; mais géo-propriétaire, GEO, 19 December 2014
- UMMOA starts occupying GEO, GEO, 3 January 2015
- Google has accepted Global Earth Oceans (GEO), GEO, 13 February 2015
- GEO acronym meaning, All Acronyms, 21 February 2015
- GEO acronym meaning, Acronym Finder, 12 March 2016
- GEO acronym meaning, Abbreviations.com, 12 March 2016
- Global Earth Oceans (Government Office), Google+, 6 December 2014
- Global Earth Oceans, Google Maps, 12 February 2015